IMPORTANT MEDICAID ALERT
Individuals who are eligible for both Medicare and Medicaid will be receiving correspondence from the New York State Department of Health ("DOH"), regarding a program called Fully Integrated Dual Advantage ("FIDA"). This is a program that packages all of your Medicare and Medicaid benefits into one Managed Care Plan.
What You Need to Know
- FIDA plans may not be your best option and must be researched.
- You will be automatically enrolled 90 days after receipt of the correspondence from the DOH if you do not act.
- You are permitted to OPT-OUT of FIDA enrollment depending on your current coverage.
- If you are enrolled in FIDA, your spouse could lose medical coverage if s/he is currently covered under your private health insurance through a retirement plan.
Please contact our office immediately if you receive correspondence from the New York State Department of Health regarding FIDA.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Cona Elder Law is recognized as a leading elder law and estate planning firm on Long Island. The firm provides creative advocacy and cutting edge planning strategies and has been featured in many publications including: The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, Newsday, L.I. Business News, Kiplinger's, Reader's Digest and many others. Cona Elder Law attorneys are frequent contributors to Newsday's Act II "Ask the Expert" column and have appeared as guests on WNBC-TV, CNN-fn, News 12, News 55, Channel 21 "Act II With Newsday" and many radio stations including WOR, WCBS AM and WFAN.