Medicare’s Open Enrollment Period runs from October 15 to December 7, 2019.
5 tips to consider during this period:
- Read your Annual Notice of Change mailed to you every September informing you of any changes to your plan, such as changes in premiums, co-pays, pharmacies and prescription drug coverage.
- Review your coverage, costs and doctors to determine if you should switch from traditional Medicare to a Medicare Advantage Plan.
- Review your medications and change your Part D plan if your prescriptions are no longer covered or your costs have increased.
- Purchase a Medigap Policy during your 6-month Medigap Open Enrollment Period (the month you turn 65 and are enrolled in Part B). You won’t have to answer any health questions and you can’t be denied coverage at this time.
- Know what Medicare does NOT cover: Medicare does not cover long term care services, such as home health aides or care in a nursing home (except for a limited initial period).